Thursday, April 02, 2009

Is Houston a good Sports town?

Houston Rockets, Astros, Texans - we have all 3 of the major sports in this country represnted. Are we good? Rockets have been to the playoffs the last 2 years and have lost in the first round. Astros - made it to the playoffs some 5 years ago and that is it. Texans - we are trying to make sure that we end up with a winning season and that is it.

Does this make us a good sports town? May be, may be not. When anyone talks about Sports - all I can think of are the 3 I have listed earlier. What about College sports, High school sports, NASCAR stuff, lacrosse, Golf, Houston Aeros and of course the great Houston Dynamos - I don't even have a clue about all this. Do I enjoy being in Houston with respect to my town's sports - No.

I really want to be a hardcore Rockets fan - But I have been trying for about 2 years now and I am still not there. Why? They are not deep enough to make a run in the playoffs. I am an outsider and for me to be a fan of Houston - They need to prove it, they need to be more exciting and provide a reason for me to watch them, other than - "You are a Houstonian".

I am waiting for that golden era when Houston will be the next LA or Boston.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home